Saturday 10 January 2009

A Working Woman

Good Morning Ladies and Gents. I hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Years. I definitely did, it wasn't super relaxing, but ate lots of wonderful food and had lots of good company. Did lots of xc skiing, climbing and even managed to take my Level 1 Avalanche course with Dallas.....really excited to go out and play in the snow.

For anyone who hasn't heard, I've taken a geo job...yup, my first one...up north, just south of Fort McMurray. I've been here for a week today, it's been a little bit of an adjustment, but I do have to say, things are going pretty good. They have us living in camp, and eating camp food...which for anyone who doesn't know, that can definitely be dangerous on the waistline. I've managed to get a room with satellite tv though to set my trainer up in, and pack my snowshoes, so I'm hoping that the cakes don't hit me too hard.

I'm going to have to get some pic's of the rig I'm working on, it's a really neat experience.

No, I haven't given up racing, definitely not ready to do that yet, but I thought I was in need of a little bit of a change of pace. I guess it's public knowledge now that the Trek VW team has folded, crazy news, they've been the largest most dominant team on the North American series for so many years. All good things must come to an end...I know, a little cliche.

This season I'm really happy to be riding with Barry Near's Trek Toronto team, based out of the Trek Toronto Store. He's got a great group of racers lined up, Emily Batty, Eric Batty, Adam Morka, Peter Glassford and coach Steve Neal....so I'm pretty excited.

Well, have to run, gotta go log some surface cuttings. Ciao for now.

No comments: