Thursday 26 April 2012

Dallas Monster Drag

Nothing like 20 mins of flat out hammering with a group of 20 odd (literally) fast men!  OUCH.  Thanks stuckylife for putting on all these really cool fun events.  Starting down on Gyro Beach in Cadboro Bay, picking up a spoke card on King George Terrace and finding the fastest route up to the flag on Beacon Hill.  Nothing life averaging almost 40km/hr for 20 mins.....I know, that's nothing compared to the big guys, but for me that's huge!!!  Thanks to the guy on the singlespeed who helped pull me around, lol, I have no shame!

In other exciting news, I'm starting a new job on Monday as a Geologist in Victoria.  Wow!!  With my slight change of focus in racing from World Cups MTB to stage racing and cyclocross I'm hoping this will work out good.  I know it's going to be a big lifestyle change, besides the winter months up north I've always just worked part time during the race season, so a full time job is definitely going to kick my butt for a couple weeks till I get it all figured out.  Change is good!!

No comments: