Tuesday 27 March 2012

Thank you Steve!

I just want to send out a huge THANK YOU to friend and cyclist Steve Simons for taking the time to sit down with me, point me in the right direction and give me a lot of great advice on how to approach sponsorship and my hunt for sponsorship. Steve is founder and owner of Beyond Action Strategy Consulting.....which is exactly the kind of help that I needed. His company helps people and companies not only plan their strategy for business, but he gives you the tools and ideas to help you to attack and follow through with action on your strategy.

After last season I was a little bit of a cross roads with my season, being a full time unpaid professional cyclist racing against fully professional cyclists is a lot of really hard work, and there is only so long that you can bang your head against those walls. I wasn't really sure what my plan of attack for this year would be. I had a great cross season, but that really didn't seem to open up the sponsorship doors like it would have if I was racing with an American license. Steve sat me down after my first rotation of work and was able to give me a whole new and fresh look on what I was doing, got me excited about racing and trying to be a professional racer.....and he made me realize that I'm doing exactly what I really want to do. Steve is chock full of innovative and actually easy ideas on how to conduct your buisness and plan your "action".

So I have to again send out a huge THANK YOU Steve!!! If you or your company is in need of some Beyond Action Strategy Consulting you can contact Steve at steven.simons@shaw.ca ....and he's just fun to be around too!

No comments: