Sunday 10 April 2011

Bacon Cheddar Waffles

Haha, ya, a little bit of a strange combo, but I really wanted waffles and I really really wanted bacon!!!! Oh my, did it ever taste gooooooood!!!!

1 1/2 cup flour
3/4 cup cornmeal
1 tbsp sugar
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup shredded cheese
6 slices bacon (fried up and chopped)
1 green onion (I didn't have green onion so I used a Serrano pepper....oh wow!!!)

Mix all dry ingredients, then add:

2 1/4 cup milk or water
1/4 cup butter

Let stand for 10 mins then throw on your waffle maker.


I wasn't sure what to put on the waffle, grilled tomatoes would have been tasty, fried eggs too, even salsa....but I decided pear...haha, ya another strange combo, but tasted good.

1 pear sliced up
3 tbsp honey
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp cinnamon

Saute pear until soft. Add honey, sugar, and cinnamon. Marinate on med heat, stirring constantly for about 3 mins. Add butter. YUMM!!!!

Now unfortunately, I'm in a little bit of a sunday morning food coma. With the weather not looking so hot outside, it's going to take a little while to motivate myself to go for my ride today. Maybe I'll go play with my new phone....I've entered the world of the iPhone. It's a huge change from the very very basic flip phone and I'm probably one of the most technologically challenged person around, so if anyone has any user tips to make my life easier....Please help!!!!

No comments: