Sunday 12 February 2012

Red Velvet

I'm back up in the good old Fort Mac....and there's almost no snow!!!! Gnarly!!! Ya, I can sound like a biker bum sometimes. Ya, +4 today, never had I ever seen that growing up here in the winter, that might be the end of my cross country skiing this year :-( BIG FROWN

Yesterday was my 30 birthday, the big 3-0!!!! It's funny, I truly feel life is just starting at 30, kinda starting to get things figured out a little. It's going to be a great summer!!! I'm a little bummed about my shoulder still taking it's sweet time getting better, but it's really good news that the rotator cuff isn't torn. I was hoping to really learn how to swim this year (I'm going to take swim lessons I think) and try out this Xterra thing a little more.....but that's going to have to wait for a little while longer. But having cyclocross Worlds in North America has me really jazzed!!!!

Regan and Robin took me out for PIG, best pulled pork joint ever!!! and Marble Slab ice cream for my big day...thanks guys!! After sampling the Red Velvet ice cream, I've decided I really want to try to make some Red Velvet cake when I get home.....but I need a recipe. If anyone has a good recipe please send it to me!!! Gotta test out the my Kitchen Aid mixer!!


Really hope mine looks this good!!

No comments: